Setup Live Polling in Convene
[Feature no longer offered by Convene, however you may still use this service with your own paid subscription.]
If you are interested in using Convene's Live Polling and Live Question & Answer feature, the following are simple instructions to get started, and soon you will be able to create, configure, and setup your Live Poll within Convene and Convene Manager (content management system).
STEP 1: GET STARTED
- Contact Convene Support to setup your PollEverywhere.com account. Note: support ends for Premium PollEverywhere accounts on April 1, 2018.
- Configure your PollEverywhere speaker URL.
Make note of this URL because you will add this to session(s) where Live Polling will be used.
- Install PollEverywhere Presenter app on the computer that will run the Presentation. This software integrates into PowerPoint 2011 in a new tab. Note, this may require a computer restart.
Note Minimum System Requirements: Office 2007 SP3.
- In PowerPoint, click the PollEverywhere tab and login.
STEP 2: CREATE THE POLL
- With your PollEverywhere account created in the "Get Started" section, login to PollEverywhere.com and click the "Create Poll" button.
- Create your polls.
Helpful Tip: Group your polls to organize them per session by selecting and clicking the "Group" button. Here's a helpful video.
STEP 3: ADD/IMPORT THE POLL INTO POWERPOINT
- In PowerPoint, click on the PollEverywere tab. Note, if you don't see the PollEverywhere tab then go back to "Get Started" (above) and make sure all steps are followed.
- Click the button, "Insert Poll Slide"
- Re-arrange the poll to be in the position you want it. Save PowerPoint. Done.
STEP 4: ADD THE POLL TO CONVENE A SESSION
Do you have a Convene Manager account? If not go to http://info.convene.tr.com.
- Go to Convene Manager and login
- Sign in to Convene Manager credentials.
- Hover over the "Edit Content" menu right underneath the event name (near the top of the screen).
- Click Sessions
- Find the session you want to add the Live Poll to
- At the bottom of the page is a "Poll" field, paste in the Speaker URL that you configured in the "Get Started" section above.
- Save the form.
STEP 5: VERIFY THE POLL SHOWS IN CONVENE APP
- Open Convene, sign in to your event.
- Find the session you add the poll (speaker URL)
- Tap the Polls button.
- Does a Website appear? If yes, good. If not, you may not have added the poll to the right session - or you may need to refresh Convene from the Main Menu in iOS or from the Action Bar Overflow in Android.
STEP 6: RUNNING THE POLL
Running the poll is very simple.
- Open your presentation in PowerPoint and ensure that you are signed in to PollEverywhere (on the PollEverywhere tab)
- Start the presentation.
- Progress through the slides to the poll and it should seamlessly activate in the Convene app.
Note, if you see a screen that looks like this (following) when you run the PowerPoint in Presenter mode, then PollEverywere is not setup properly. Not to worry, contact Support.
HELPFUL TIPS: CLEARING YOUR POLL RESULTS
- Go to Polleverywhere.com
- Login to your account.
- Select the polls (checkboxes) you want to clear, and then click the "Clear Results" button.