Getting Started with the Convene App
Real-time event details at your fingertips. Connect with other attendees, create your personal schedule, navigate the conference, and much more! Available for all smartphones and tablets (links below are for Convene 3.0, not Convene "gen 1."
1. To login, you will receive an email from CONVENE that looks like this:
2. Download the Thomson Reuters CONVENE app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
3. Open CONVENE app & select ‘sign in’ with Google, Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn
4. Enter the same email used to register and the password provided. If password is not recognized, select ‘email new password’ and follow instructions found in your inbox on how to reset your password
5. Allow notifications to stay updated with reminders when key events are taking place during the conference.
To set up your profile, simply:
1. Select ‘Attendees’ from main menu in the app
2. Enhance your profile by connecting your LinkedIn account to make it easier for attendees to connect with you pre-event and onsite. Select ‘Import My Details’
3. If you do not want to connect your LinkedIn, you can add your information manually by selecting the highlighted ‘manually…’
4. You can access your information at any time by selecting ‘Account’ from the main menu. You can also enable your twitter account to directly tweet updates and news from the event via the event app.
View a list of attendees to plan your connections pre-event and onsite. Note: only registered attendees who have logged into the app will be able to access this feature.
1. Select ‘Attendees’ in the main menu of event app
2. Sort by Name or Company
3. Connect with attendees by selecting ‘arrow’ icon to connect via LinkedIn
4. Save your favorite attendees by selecting the ‘heart’ icon in the top right corner of their profiles
*Access this list by selecting the ‘heart’ icon in the main header of the app at any time
1. Select ‘Speakers’ icon from main menu in event mobile app
2. Select a speaker to open their profile, see their bios and in what sessions they will be participating
3. Select a session in a speaker bio to be sent to the session description to see what other speakers are included on a panel
1. Select ‘Schedule’ from main menu to see full conference program listed chronologically, by date
2. You can filter the listed program by selecting the ‘funnel’ icon to sort by conference track or session type
3. Select a session to view a description, location map, and what speakers will be participating. You can filter the listed program by selecting the ‘funnel’ icon to sort by conference track or session type
4. Go to a speaker profile by clicking the ‘i’ icon (iOS only) just under the session title and selecting a speaker, or in Android, just tap on a speaker's photo.
5. You can save sessions to build your customized schedule of the conference by selecting the ‘heart’ icon for the session profile.
*Access a list of saved profiles by selecting the ‘heart’ icon in the top right header of the app at any time
6. Rate sessions by selecting the ‘star’ icon after a session has finished
7. View where the session will be taking place by selecting ‘map’ icon
8. Review any materials provided for the session in ‘attachments’
1. Select ‘Sponsors’ icon from main menu in the app
2. Sponsors are listed alphabetically, click through their logo to access their company bios and websites
You can access company profiles, including company descriptions, social media links, as well as pose any questions to each sponsor via the ‘activity feed’.
1. View what people are saying about @SustainBrands #NewMetrics ‘15 on twitter by selecting ‘Social’ on the main menu
2. You can tweet updates and news directly from the event app by selecting the ‘twitter bird’ icon in the top right header of the app. Make sure you have enabled your twitter account to link to the app.
*Link your twitter account by selecting ‘Account’, then select ‘Twitter’ from ‘Notifications and Social’
Access information about New Metrics ’15 such as an event description, FAQ’s for the conference, conference venue address, main activities and special events, main sponsors
1. Select ‘Event Info’ from main menu
2. Add sessions from ‘Event Activities’ to your customized schedule by selecting the ‘heart’ icon next to their titles. You can also access descriptions of the activities and their location by clicking through the title. Access your customized schedule at any time by selecting the ‘heart’ icon in the top right header of the event app.
3. View our Sponsor list to see members of the community that have partnered to make the event successful. Click through each logo to access company profiles and links to their websites.
1. Use the ‘magnifying glass’ icon in the top of the main menu in the app to search and quickly access the event app for specific sessions, speakers, and attendees. In android (on the right, you can access search by tapping on the 3 vertical dots in the upper right corner).
All support questions for the app can be directed to: email@example.com