Scanning to Check In and Out of a Session
There are 3 ways to activate the QR code scanner inside Convene. All three require that Session Check-Ins are enabled in the event's configuration.
Method 1 - Convene app Main Menu
Convene App > Main Menu > QR Scanner button.
Method 2 - Schedule View (requires setup)
- Create a new Session or modify an existing Session.
- Change the "Session Type" to "QR Scanner"
- Set the date/time you want the QR Scanner, as depicted below, to appear in the schedule. Note: We recommend creating 2 of these session types per day.
- One just before the first session that attendees will scan to check into.
- One just after the last session that people will scan to check out of.
On each session record in the Convene Manager, go to the Session Check-In widget and select wether you want check-in and check-out to be enabled. Doing so, will enable the feature in the Convene app for this session.